Welcome to the website of the linked charges of Aboyne-Dinnet and Cromar. Aboyne-Dinnet Parish Church and Cromar Parish Church are both part of the Church of Scotland and their Minister is the Rev Frank Ribbons.
- The internet connection to Aboyne-Dinnet Church has been causing some problems recently. This has been reported to our internet provider who has made changes on Monday 26 April which will hopefully resolve the problem. If we have further problems in coming services, we would aim to have the backup recording available to watch on line later in the day. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
- In person services at both Cromar and Aboyne-Dinnet Churches have restarted. There needs to be a 2 metre distance between households so a maximum of about 50 persons allowed to attend at Cromar Church at 10:00 hours. At Aboyne-Dinnet Church at 11:00 hours, 53 can attend in the church and 29 in the hall - Public Display Notice of Physical Distance-Based Capacity (PDBC) can be viewed here The services from Aboyne-Dinnet Church will also be streamed live here and can also be viewed at any time thereafter. At both churches the heating will be on but doors will be open during the services to allow ventilation through the buildings and you may like to ensure you bring a warm jacket or jersey with you
- Aboyne-Dinnet April 2021 magazine added here
- Aboyne-Dinnet Report and Accounts for 2020 added here
- Fareshare - The green wooden shed for Fareshare food opposite Aboyne-Dinnet Church Hall is now stocked. Please bring a bag to carry the food in. There is no need to make a booking. Please use hand sanitiser before handling items and take whatever you can usefully use. The shed will be open during daylight hours seven days a week.
Foodbank - Food can also be delivered through the Aberdeenshire South Foodbank - Tel. 0792 6969 408
Your local food bank works with referral agencies to issue food vouchers to those in need of food in times of crisis. The referral system ensures you are provided with appropriate help and support for your situation. (Agencies: doctors, health visitors, social workers, Church contacts, Citizens Advice Bureau and HomeStart.) There is an Aboyne rep who will deliver an Emergency Food Box to your door once you have a voucher.
A new page has been added giving links to updated Crossreach content - this currently shows daily prayers here
- Recordings of the Church services are available on audio CD or video DVD. If you know of anyone who does not have access to the internet but would like to listen to or watch the service weekly, please let Frank or one of the Elders know. The audio CD plays in any audio CD player and the video DVD will play in a DVD player attached to a TV.